Click each title to download a curriculum guide for that play.
The guides include a brief synopsis, two lesson plans,
famous quotes from the play, prompts for teachers,
links to podcasts and videos, and a list of suggested
A Midsummer Night's Dream NEW!
Antony and Cleopatra
As You Like It
The Comedy of Errors
Henry IV NEW!
Julius Caesar NEW!
Measure for Measure
The Merchant of Venice
The Merry Wives of Windsor
Much Ado About Nothing
Romeo and Juliet NEW!
The Taming of the Shrew
Twelfth Night NEW!
The Winter’s Tale
The Folger is in the process of revising and updating all existing
curriculum guides. Keep checking back for more plays to be added!
NEW MULTIMEDIA CURRICULUM GUIDES FEATURE:
• Shakespeare Is for Everyone! Welcome from Folger Education
• Play Synopsis
• From One Classroom Teacher to Another
• Tips for Teaching Shakespeare
• Teaching Shakespeare FAQs
• 2 Lesson Plans with Handouts
• Famous Lines and Phrases
• Fact Sheet
• Suggested Additional Resources
The Shakespeare Set Free series is written by Teaching Shakespeare Institute faculty and participants and includes the latest developments
in recent scholarship. It bristles with the energy created by teaching and learning Shakespeare from the text and through active performance and reflects the experience, wisdom, and wit of real classroom teachers in schools and colleges throughout the United States.
In each book, you'll find:
• Clearly written essays by leading scholars to refresh teachers and challenge older students
• Michael Tolaydo's brilliant and accessible technique for classroom teaching through performance
• Day-by-day teaching strategies that successfully and energetically immerse students of every grade and skill level
in the language and in the plays themselves—created, taught, and written by real teachers
Follow Simon & Schuster online